12 March 2019

UFO's

I don't have many UFO's but they are very old - one going back to 2000 (and I'm not ready to work on that one just yet).

A couple of days ago I pulled out "Sylvia's Bridal Sampler" - this has been almost finished for 4 years, after starting in May 2010 when my friend Diann bought me the book for my birthday.  We diligently made a block or two a week (each choosing what to make) and then kind of lost steam. A while later I decided to make only the blocks I could machine piece and ended up with 64 blocks, 32 set on point and 32 set straight, and started sewing the blocks in rows.  In September 2015 I had 4 rows sewn together and then packed it all away.


A few hours sewing (plus a couple of good movies) and the quilt top is together - wrinkly photo of a rather large quilt (84-1/2" sq),


as well as the backing and binding.  The binding fabric is the same as the sashing and border fabric.


After finishing off SBS, I felt like working on another UFO - "Go Four It" or "Rainbow Rows" designed by Lissa Alexander from Moda Fabrics.  I started sorting fabrics for this quilt in May 2015 and commenced sewing the four patches when I went to Quilt Camp in Tasmania, November 2015.

I made 700+ four patch blocks at camp


and sewed some of them into the nine patches that make up the quilt.


I have a boxful of four patches ready to sew into nine patch blocks


and a large bagful of strips ready for when I run out.


A few more blocks have been made.


The quilt is made of  block A with 5 four patches and block B with 4 four patches.  I have 93 Block A and 92 Block B still to make.


Loads of quilty memories in those fabrics.  I'm really enjoying sewing up these blocks - great chain piecing while catching up on some movies.

Two Little Sweethearts came to stay for the weekend.  They had such a hilarious time playing on my newly-finished quilt, "Summer Nights", while I was trying to take photos.


Labels need to be added then the quilt will be completely finished.  Mum sewed down the binding on this one, which was a big help.

Gulliver loves to cook and he pretty much made our dinner - soft-shell tacos.

1 comment:

Maria said...

Well done working on your old UFO, both will be lovely quilts.
Love the photo shot with the grandies having fun..
Gullivers Tacos 🌮 look delicious 😋

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...