25 March 2019

Four Patches Are Done

Received a lovely surprise in the mail on Friday - the first block for my Aussie Bonnie & Camille Beehive 2019 quilt arrived.  A surprise because I'm not due to receive blocks until May.


This year I chose Bonnie Olaveson's "Christmas Cheer" quilt


and the girls are making the Santa Hats and Christmas Stockings.  I'll make the rest of the blocks.  Will be lovely to have a new quilt for Christmas time.

Finished making four patch blocks for "Go Four It" and sewed them into the nine patch blocks then lay out the blocks on Saturday night/Sunday morning.


Started sewing the blocks together late yesterday afternoon - will be a couple more nights' sewing before the quilt top is together.  I think it will be about 85" x 93" without borders.


It's looking a lot better than I thought it would 4-1/2 years ago when I made the first few blocks.

Mum and I went to see "Swimming with Men" on Saturday afternoon - a lovely movie.  The Brits make this style of movie so well - not schmaltzy but heartfelt.

Some wedding sewing happened yesterday and finally there's progress - about time I got it right - and an end in sight for the main piece of sewing.  Little Sweetheart's dress is next.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...