07 March 2019

Another Start

Carrie Nelson is one of my favourite designers - I love her style and way of designing/putting quilts together.  Carrie writes the Moda Fabrics blog posts and they are always entertaining and informative.  Carrie's new book has been on pre-order since last year and it arrived this week.  Being a big fan of both scrappy and sampler quilts, I am looking forward to making "Summer Moon".  The book is beautiful and the instructions are very easy to follow.


I've had a little stash of Anni Downs (Hatched and Patched) fabrics for quite a while and think the soft, gentle colours will look lovely in this quilt (even though most of them are Christmas fabrics).


The idea is to make the quilt over 10 months, with 3 blocks in 3 different sizes to be made each month.  Had to make one to see if I would like it and, of course, I've since made a couple more of the blocks.

"Seaglass" is ready for quilting.  I had cut out way too many strips for the "Seaglass" Variation quilt, so it made sense to make another quilt.


I love the teal spot fabric.

3 comments:

Maria said...

"Summer Moon" is a gorgeous quilt for you work on.. Anni Downs fabrics are lovely and look great for the block.
And another quilt top finished ... WOW !!!

Shirley said...

Looks a fabulous quilt Lynda.

Clipping Path said...

Lovely blog. Thanks for sharing with us.This is so useful.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...