09 May 2017

Takes the Cake

"Takes the Cake" is another quilt designed by Camille Roskelley (Thimble Blossoms) and is made with Bonnie and Camille fabrics and Moda Crossweave in Black for the background.  Making this quilt has driven me nuts because the black fabric frayed so much and I've found threads all over the house.  The crossweave is beautiful to sew with and looks so fantastic in quilts and now the quilt is quilted and bound there will be no more fraying.

This is a very large quilt at 93-1/4" x 105-1/4" - the original design has 1-1/2" finished squares but I made mine at 2" finished.



The backing is a fun hexagon print


and Karen used Party Streamers for the quilting.


On Friday Karen posted a photo of Zen and the Jelly Roll on her frame ready to be quilted

 
and then brought it along all finished to stitching on Saturday.  The binding has been sewn on and I'm about halfway round stitching it down.

Today Karen posted a photo of the bonus Scrappy Log Cabin quilt all finished.


Last one to be bound for a while.  This is one was to be for the donation box but it's going to live with a friend in USA.  I have other quilts in the cupboard for donating plus the quilt I'm working on at the moment, Pathways and Crossroads.

Spent yesterday with my sweethearts unpacking some boxes.  I'm sure they'll be very happy in their new home.

3 comments:

Maria said...

Oh sew many beautiful Quilts in the last few posts Lynda... can't pick a favourite. 😊

Susan said...

Your productivity stills astounds me Lynda! I love the Scrappy Log cabin- all due to that cute red spot sashing! Lucky recipient I say!

Rachaeldaisy said...

Wow, lots of gorgeous quilts. I know the black drove you nuts but gosh its looks great!! Your scrappy log cabin is really lovely.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...