09 May 2017

Scrappy Trip Around the World

Long story:  for a while I've been wanting to make another Scrappy Trip Around the World using Bonnie K Hunter's great tutorial. Then I saw Allison's beautiful quilt with the alternate white rows - love at first sight.  I thought I could use my Bonnie and Camille white background fabrics in place of the white rows. Next up I came across Cindy Lammon's blogpost with the wonderful pressing instructions and black fabrics for the feature rows and Erin Jenson's beautiful version on Instagram. Most of the Bonnie and Camille white background fabrics are quite colourful and patterned. I realised I could use them with alternate rows of Moda Bella 97 with the black Bonnie and Camille Handmade fabrics as the feature. Such great inspiration and terrific instructions - the internet is a wonderful resource.




The quilt is pretty big at 96-1/2" square.  For the backing I had a lovely Bonnie and Camille "Vintage Picnic" fabric - love this fabric.  Added in a few leftover blocks.


Karen quilted it using Twisted Tatting pattern - it's a great all-over design.



Was so pleased to use up loads of these lovely Bonnie and Camille fabrics.

1 comment:

Peg - Happy In Quilting said...

Another spectacular one ❤️❤️❤️❤️

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...