22 March 2017

More Tops


"Little Star" is together and on top of the pile to go to Karen for quilting.


Next up was sewing "Snippets" blocks together - into a quilt top.  The blocks have been made for a few months.

 

The quilt is pretty big and it was difficult to take a photo in the gloomy rainy weather to show the lovely colours.

 

The backing is made with some leftover blocks and fabric from FigTree's "Aloha Girl" range.

 

Had a lovely time on Friday night/Saturday morning with ChaCha staying over and then she and I went to lunch at Sublime Point with some friends - such a lovely restaurant and fabulous view when the weather is not so gloomy.

Sunday I spent pretty much all day in the sewing room making "Takes the Cake" nine patches - 98 of them.  I've been re-watching "Downton Abbey" while sewing - it's so fabulous.



I sewed some blocks/rows together using black crossweave I bought from Karen - it so lovely to work with although it does fray a bit.  First time I've used such a dark background but it works very well with these bright and fresh Bonnie and Camille fabrics.

 
Time to think about what to cut out next.

Yesterday Karen sent me a photo of Pineapple Sherbet just after it came off the quilting frame.  I'm so thrilled with how it looks.  Hoping to find a green fabric in the stash to use for binding.


Might need to take out a bank loan to pay for all the quilting :)

1 comment:

Susan said...

Love the pineapples! And what an inspiration to make them in all different colours! Gorgeous!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...