09 March 2017

A Day Off

My cousin's daughter was married in the Hunter Valley on Saturday.  Lynell came with me and on Friday we drove up north in torrential rain.  A three-hour trip took 4-1/2 hours.  The groom is from Scotland and his family, along with many friends, had made the trip to Australia for the wedding.  We met up with most of them for dinner on Friday night - a fun night in a pub in Maitland.

The wedding was wonderful - the bride looked spectacular.  The groom and all the Scottish visitors wore kilts, even the couple's 11 month old son had a kilt specially made for the wedding.  The groom's aunt is a kilt-maker and hand sews every kilt she makes.  There is up to 7m of fabric in a man's kilt and 3.5m of fabric in the baby's!

On Sunday morning we attended a recovery breakfast with the family then started the journey back to Sydney.  For Christmas Jenni and Kurt bought me a ticket to see "Cabaret" with Paul Capsis and Lynell dropped me at the theatre where I met up with Jenni and Kurt.  The show was fabulous.  I've seen the show performed live twice now and it's very confronting and quite sinister.  Everyone in the show was fabulous.

Monday was a day off work - recovery day from the big weekend.  Spent most of the day sewing the Scrappy Trip Around the World blocks together.


and on Monday night I sewed backings for three quilts to drop off with Karen when we have stitching on Saturday.

"Summerville"
"Summerville"

"Pineapple Sherbet"
"Scrappy Trip Around the World"

On Monday afternoon I called in to Karen's to pick up two quilts she had quilted for me:

"Medley"
"Cakewalk"

The last two nights I have been binding quilts:




1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi Lynda you dod such beautiful work and you are so quick,well done my friend xx

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...