29 March 2017

Beautiful Surprise

Arrived home from work last night to find an unexpected parcel in the letterbox.  A dear friend in America (who started out as a quilt customer) sent me these fabrics to make a quilt for myself simply because she knows I love yellow in a quilt.  The colours are beautiful and will look perfect in my yellow/white bedroom.  I'm thinking of making a large "Swoon" quilt.  I want to fussy cut the butterflies.  The range is called "Kumari Garden" from Dena Designs/Free Spirit Fabrics.


On Saturday my great-niece turned 1 - Mum's youngest great-grandchild.  So many littlies at the party.


"Takes the Cake" quilt top is together - it's a monster at 96" x 106", so will be like a bedspread on a queen bed.  Waiting for some backing to arrive then it can go to Karen for quilting.  I took a panorama photo so that it would all fit in.


Spent some time with my own little ones of Saturday afternoon and also did some cutting out over the weekend:  "Cakewalk" and "Pretty Petals" both in FigTree fabrics.  I've made one Pretty Petals block.  At 20" sq finished I think 9 will be enough for a lap quilt size, maybe 12 if I've cut out enough squares.


Looking forward to some holidays next month - a few days at home having fun with the family, probably some sewing and definitely some weeding the gardens.

4 comments:

Susan said...

There are always lovely quilts and fabrics to see on your blog Linda! The new fabric is lovely and will make an awesome quilt!

Maria said...

Beautiful fabrics and Swoon blocks will look great in it...
Love the photo of Mum and the little one..
Gorgeous quilt and block...

Anonymous said...

Hi Lynda beautiful pic of your mum and baby.
You make the most amazing quilts,well done my friend.

Rachaeldaisy said...

What a lovely and thoughtful gift of those beautiful fabrics. What a lovely photo of your mum and her great grand niece. I always love seeing your quilts, always so beautiful!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...