14 February 2017

More Cutting Out

At long last the weather cooled down enough last week so I could iron the Snippets blocks - they are ready to sew together one day.  Spent a bit of time cutting out the Takes the Cake strips into 2-1/2" squares (1800 of them).


I'm looking forward to making up a couple of the Takes the Cake blocks to try out the black crossweave for the background in this quilt - something completely out there for me.


So glad I have the pink cutting mat - much easier to use than the dark green for black fabrics.

I picked up Scrappy Churndash and My Pink and Green Heaven from Karen on Friday afternoon - that was a scorcher of a day.  By Sunday the weather had cooled down enough for me to sew on some binding and stitch down Scrappy Churndash binding.  This quilt is now on the way to its new home.
 
 


The pineapples have multiplied - outer borders to go on (maybe) tonight and this is ready to go to Karen.


ChaCha had a two night sleepover on the weekend.  We went to a great basketball game on Saturday night and cheered the Hawks into the finals series.  Her first game - have to start 'em young (says her uncle).

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...