10 January 2017

WIP's

Towards the end of the year there were a few works in progress and, as I have been on holidays for a few days, I started watching "West Wing" again and got stuck into finishing off a couple of these WIP's.

First up was "Medley", designed by Coriander Quilts.  I have only made one other medallion quilt and I found this pattern fantastic - everything worked out and fitted so well.




The colours are showing up much better in the first two photos.  I love this quilt top.  All the fabric is from my Fig Tree stash and I've used leftovers from other quilts for the background fabrics (Bella Solid Ivory, Snow, FigTree Cream and Butter).  The pattern would work really well as an all-scrappy quilt.

Next top finished was "Cakewalk" designed by Thimble Blossoms and using Bonnie and Camille fabrics with black spot background fabric I bought during my holiday in Singapore.


This is a lap-sized quilt and, if I hadn't gone out for dinner and to the pictures, it would have been finished in a day.  A great pattern when a quilt is needed in a hurry.

Some progress has been made on "Colorway", another Thimble Blossoms design using the same fabrics as "Cakewalk".




Another 15 blocks to be made for this one.

Last quilt I've been working on is "Snippets" designed by Cotton Way and using Fig Tree & Co fabrics.  The fabrics for this quilt have been cut out for about a year and I've been procrastinating - 448 half-square triangles to be sewn and trimmed and then 224 of these turned into hourglass blocks.

 

There's a lot of pressing and trimming in my future but these will be put aside soon to start something for my little sweetheart who turns 2 in just over 3 weeks.

6 comments:

creations.1 said...

You are going to be busy - all great designs!

Susan said...

That list will keep you off the streets for a while! I love your medallion quilt!

Peg - Happy In Quilting said...

They all look totally amazing 💖

marina said...

wow! love all of your new projects... you are amazing Lynda!

Anonymous said...

Hi Lynda wow your blocks are wonderful and boy you whip out these quilts so fast,you are amazing my friend,well done xx

Chookyblue...... said...

Love the top quilt......

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...