23 January 2017

Never Had a Friend Like Me!

Saturday was a great day!  Mum, Elizabeth, Lynell, Robyn and I went to Sydney to meet up with Jenni and Kurt to see "Aladdin".  Before the show Michael and Gulliver came into the city to have lunch with us in a very interesting Japanese restaurant - I've never seen so many private karaoke rooms before.

OMG!  "Aladdin" is the most spectacular show I've ever seen.  Everything about it is just sensational.  The sets and costumes blew my mind and the performances were just fabulous.  No words can describe the Genie - an extraordinary tour de force.


During last week I finished off the "My Pink and Green Heaven" blocks.  These have been put away for a while so I can work on another couple of things.


One is a special custom order quilt that I'll be making over the next few weeks.  Cutting out and trimming are finished
 

and one block is made.


The other is a secret project that I hope to have finished over next weekend. 


I have a drilling issue to work out before it can be put together.


I love the mandala fabric - I've been saving it for a few years for this project.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Lynda ,the show sounds wonderful,my favourite part is the costumes,wow love your green and pink quilt.xx

marina said...

Sounds like a great show!
Your pink and green blocks are aptly named as they are divine!
Such lovely projects you are working on.

Peg - Happy In Quilting said...

Well my dear friend what more can you ask for... fantastic entertainment ..Perfect family time.... amazing food...and sewing 💖💖💖💖

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...