17 January 2017

Lots of Trimming

Last Monday was the first day back at work after the Christmas break.  It was a long week but ended with a nail-biter of a basketball game.  How the Hawks held their cool to win was fantastic.  I also went to see "La La Land" during the week - it's a really good movie but I didn't love it as much as I was hoping to.

There was so much trimming to be done on the Snippets blocks - I brought some in to work to do at lunchtime for a couple of days.


Finally all done by Thursday (448 blocks)


and one Snippets block made.


Snippets is packed away for a little while - I have a few other things I want to work on just now - some birthday presents for my sweethearts


I came across a pile of blocks for My Pink and Green Heaven that needed trimming - so brought them to work to do this week.  This quilt will be one my 2017 donation quilts.


 Over the weekend I put together the last of the Colorway blocks - these have also been put away for a while


Backing for Medley has been made to add to the pile to go to Karen when she's back from holidays


and just for the heck of it, I've cut out another medallion quilt:  "Summerville" designed by Thimble Blossoms using Vintage Picnic fabrics designed by Bonnie and Camille.


ChaCha stayed over on Saturday night - she's such a delight - never still.  Loves to sing.  We visited some friends in the afternoon and had dinner at Mum's (GG).  Friends came over for dinner last night so that was a nice way to finish up the weekend.

Michael sent through some photos of Cheeky Chops Gulliver at the park.  Looking forward to seeing them next weekend.


Going to see "Aladdin" next Saturday afternoon - can't wait!

4 comments:

Peg - Happy In Quilting said...

Lots happening in your world.... love all your blocks 💗...I bet they are wonderful sleep overs 👼Your little man is growing up😍

Maria said...

You are working on lots of lovely projects...
Sew nice to have the little one sleep over...

marina said...

Oh boy that's a lot of trimming......your quilting projects are so beautiful
And you got to throw in some time with miss Cha Cha too.

Anonymous said...

Beautiful blocks Lynda and boy your GS sure has grown,what a cutie xx

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...