30 January 2017

Scrappy Quilts

I've been invited to a wedding in early March and the pre-wedding celebrations started on Saturday with lunch at a fantastic pub in Marrickville.


 


Lynell came with me to the lunch and we finished up the day watching the Hawks win an absolute nail-biter.

Very much looking forward to the wedding and a weekend away with family and my dear friend Lynell. 

The sewing machine has been whirring away making more Scrappy Churndash blocks - 18 made, 7 to go and I can put this quilt top together. 


The embroidery machine has been busy too.


The pile of orange, pink, yellow and white fabrics in the last blog post has now been made into something and it was finished yesterday.



I've been wanting to make a Pineapple Quilt for ages and I now have a reason to.   Love all these colourful fabrics. 



I LOVE making these blocks - they whip up in no time and I hope they will look wonderful in a quilt top.   Might have to make two quilts.

5 comments:

marina said...

Great outing Lynda, loving your pineapple blocks! They look amazing as are your scrappy churn dash blocks.
Well done

Susan said...

I love the pineapple blocks too! I am hoping I am making one of these for the bee I am in, later in the year! They look like fun to make!

Maria said...

Love your scraps... they make wonderful quilts.. like both the Churn Dash and Pinapples....

Looks like you all had a fun time at the pre wedding celebrations....

Peg - Happy In Quilting said...

Lovely photos I am sure you will have a ball.....beautiful quilt 💖💖

Chookyblue...... said...

loving the scrappy churn dash blocks........

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...