14 March 2009

Stars, Hearts & Birds

Take some simply patched fabrics, trace stars, hearts, birds and wings on the back; add embroidery, buttons and beads

Sew around the traced outlines

Cut out the various shapes and spend an evening with your daughter stuffing these shapes

and we have "Christmas in July", Kookaburra Cottage's contribution to last year's Christmas Club. Next time I'll have to be more choosy when placing the pattern pieces.
.
This is the centre panel of "Let Me Be". All the blocks are together. Next step is to make a decision about border fabrics.
.

4 comments:

Lorraine said...

nice Christmas decs!! I hope to get back to my 12 Days of Christmas stitchery soon.....I have had a bit of a break from it but want to have it finished for this Christmas....!! thanks for the idea of doing one Christmas project a month.....I will be trying!

Chookyblue...... said...

lovely christmas decorations......and stitching.........

Peg - Happy In Quilting said...

Love the Christmas decos Lynda..and to have help with the stuffing....way to go.

miss~nance said...

Lynda

Your Chrissy decs are just brilliant - I love them. Will tuck that idea into the back of my head for another day.

Your hanging is looking fab too.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...