22 March 2021

Photos

One of Jenni and Kurt's close friends, Steph, is a photographer - she took their beautiful wedding photos.  Steph gave them a newborn photo package as a gift for little Vincent's birth.  The photos are stunning.


Last week's "Sewcialites" block was Steadfast designed by Sherri McConnell.


"Vintage Holiday 2" is together and will be quilted in a few weeks.


Last November I cut out another "Strawberry Social" quilt, using lots of reds from my stash.  The quilt top will be finished this week - the blocks come together quickly once the strawberry leaves are made.


A week or so ago I saw this quilt on Instagram and decided I have to make it - my original plan was to make it as a cot quilt for my cousin's daughter, who is having a baby in September (she loves pineapples) but the pineapple without the borders is too big for a cot quilt.


I decided to make a version as per the pattern first (the colour layout is a bit different) using some of my Alison Glass stash (I've had a buy a few more to mix in with these fabrics) before working out how to make it smaller.


On Friday morning I sewed the last of the "An Hourglass a Day" blocks and now each day I'll sew them into a nine patch blocks ready to sew into a quilt top.

2 comments:

Maria said...

A wonderful gift and the photos are gorgeous of little Vincent with Mum and Dad...
Lots lovely tops ready to quilt and nice other projects you’re working on...
Good luck re sizing the pineapple 🍍

Anorina @SameliasMum said...

Absolutely gorgeous photos of bub.
You've got lots of great projects on the go and I do love that new pineapple quilt design. Happy Sewing!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...