12 January 2021

Dressmaking

Happy New Year!

I bought some very sweet Christmas fabric featuring May Gibbs designs to make a dress for Jenni to wear to school during December.


Maternity dress patterns are very few and far between these days and the patterns I had from when I was pregnant seemed far too dated.  I used a Vogue dress pattern for this dress but it was a little short in the front so I added some extra inches to the centre front when I made it again.


The maternity t-shirt pattern I had from 1982 is still ok and the pineapple fabric I found in Spotlight was cute.


Jenni really liked the Christmas dress and sent me some links to fabrics she liked in Spotlight - beautiful cotton poplin and cotton/linen mix.


When I was shopping for these fabrics, I also looked for fabrics for more t-shirts and cotton knit dresses.  Was very pleased to find the Jocelyn Proust print for $5/m if I bought more than 3m.


Jenni the day the parcel of dresses arrived:


There was enough of the animal print fabric left to make a dress for me.  I've never worn animal print and haven't worn the dress yet.


There was also dressmaking for T's Original Girl Doll - these for were a Christmas present.

Mill Hill cross stitch santas and an angel were made for the little ones this year.  I make a handmade decoration for them each year.  Next Christmas there will be four.


1 comment:

Chookyblue...... said...

Must go back to making some clothes as the choice in the shops isn't much.... You did a great job on the dresses....

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...