13 January 2021

A Big Parcel

In early December all the rows for "Stroll" were completed and the sashings cut out.  After all the Christmas dressmaking I really enjoyed putting this quilt top together.  I've been waiting for some backing to arrive and it came on Monday.


This is the last 2019 "Sewcialites" block, "Joy" designed by Susan Ache


and this is the first for 2020, "Serenity" designed by Chelsi Stratton.


I had sewn up all my Bonnie and Camille 5" squares for the "Hourglass a Day" sewalong and was waiting for some more charm packs to arrive, so started sewing the Hourglass blocks in to nine patches over the last couple of weeks.


On Monday, a big box of fabric arrived from my friend Amy in USA.  Amy sold off a lot of her fabric late last year and I've been pretty excited about all the fabric I bought.


Backings, backgrounds, low volumes, loads of Figtree off-cuts and squares etc plus 4 charm packs for my "Hourglass a Day" sewalong blocks - I think it's going to be a pretty big quilt.


Amy also included a Yazzi project box, some American lollies and a beautifully made bag.  Gulli was with me on Monday and was very interested in the lollies.


Each morning I sew four Hourglass blocks and in the evenings I've been making "Kaleidoscope" blocks - this is a fun pattern by EmmaMary Designs.  The photo shows one quarter of the quilt on the design sheet,


and here are the other half of the triangles.


The plan is to use each 5" floral once (giving two triangles) in the quilt and so far I've cut 170 - need to find another 30.  I was able to cut a few from the fabrics in the box from Amy.  Another 200 blocks to be made.

My friends and I are missing the basketball, which normally would have started last October - the season will hopefully start this coming weekend but I doubt we'll have any home games.  Going to the game and out for dinner in summer is always fun.  We'll have to have picnics in front of the tv when the games are on.

All my free time has been spent working with my brother to replace the rails on the two verandas at my house.


We've cut and painted 185+ pickets and 23 top and bottom rails, painted all the veranda posts, Philip has sanded the decks, and the top rails have been attached.  Philip is hoping to clean/oil the decks on the weekend and then the bottom rails and pickets can be installed.

My friend, Gail, volunteered to help with the painting, so her job was the front door.  It looks fantastic!  Marine grade paint has such a glorious shine.


Someone is pretty excited about starting school after the holidays!  



2 comments:

Chookyblue...... said...

what a wonderful haul of fabric.......
goodluck with the verendah....its a huge job.........

Maria said...

Sure is a huge parcel of fabrics and you’ve put some to good use....
As always gorgeous quilts you’re working on...
Oh boy lots of work and panting there but it’ll look great when done....

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...