15 June 2020

Progress

No finished quilt tops this week but I have been making progress on some others.

The last pieced round of "Aviatrix Medallion" is ready to be sewn together and then added to the quilt top.


After this round of butterflies there is another border of background fabric and the quilt top is finished.  Karen is coming down to visit this week, so I'd love to have it finished to give her to take back to her place to quilt.

Some borders have been added to "Gelato".  Next border contains a bejillion Sawtooth Stars, so there will be some tv-watching and chain piecing soon.


Karen is bringing me some FigTree background fabrics then I can start my next FigTree quilt - "Checkerboard Stars" - my version will be scrappy and I hope what I have in mind works out.

For a change from making all those butterflies, I made the next set of blocks for my "Long Time Gone" quilt - Half Square Triangles.


I have three block sets to go - Flying Geese, 60 Degree Triangles and Pineapples, then the filler blocks and sashings to put the quilt top together.  I have a place in The Parlour to hang this quilt and am quite excited about finishing it.  I've pretty much decided to leave off the borders and just have a narrow light grey containment border around the outside edge (same fabric as will be used for the sashings and filler block backgrounds) or maybe no border at all and just grey binding.


Tomorrow I will be picking up some quilts from Jenny (AngelCake Quilting) - Jenny most generously donated the quilting on two of these quilts.  All three will be going to Keepsafe Quilts once the sub-contractor (Mum) has stitched down the bindings.

 

A couple of friends on Instagram were wondering how/where I store my finished quilts.  Some are kept in a cupboard in the grandchildren's bedroom - most of these quilts will be given away and occasionally some are sold.


The quilts I use on my bed are kept in The Parlour in a small bookcase my Dad built for me when I was around 8 or 9.  I currently have three quilts on my bed.


Quilts that are used on couches, the spare bed for visitors or to be hung on the quilt hanger, are kept in the family room.


Had a fun weekend - dinner with my trivia friends at Gail and Chris's home, followed by a game of trivia and then on Saturday little Sweetheart T came to stay overnight for the first time since social distancing came into our lives.  We had a fun time and I so enjoyed her company.  We had lunch with Mum before it was time for her to go home.

Gulliver's birthday is on Friday this week - can't believe he will be turning 5!  These three little people definitely have my heart.

2 comments:

Chookyblue...... said...

You are very kind with your quilts......

Maria said...

I'm always amazed how many beautiful quilts you work on..
Lovely to see where you store all your quilts..
Really ! Three quilts on your bed.. aren't they heavy???
Always nice to donate quilts Lynda.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...