24 February 2020

Quilt Top

Poor "Hide and Seek" has been languishing on the floor of The Pink Room for weeks.


A couple of rows were added last Monday and the floor is looking tidier.  I'll get back to it soon.


I have decided to make a red "Red Letter Day"  and ordered some more Bonnie & Camille reds along with some more Riley Blake Swiss Dots for the background.


Had to make one block. I'm adding extra little blocks in the corners to make small stars when the blocks are joined together.


"Wish Upon a Star" quilt top is together,


 the backing is made


and they are ready to take to the quilter tomorrow.  The rosebud fabric will also be used for the binding.

On Saturday I spent a fair while working on the layout for Scrappy Trip Around the World - thought I had it sorted until I found two blocks with the same aqua fabric next to each other.  Hopefully it's all good to go now - I want to start sewing these blocks together tonight.


Yesterday I went to the shops to buy some machine needles and also bought a new cutting mat - it's long overdue.
 

Over the weekend I also worked on the Dwell house blocks - 2 lots of 6 blocks are going to the other swap members


and these blocks are for my quilt:


Littlest Sweetheart turns 1 on Wednesday - what a quick year that has been!

2 comments:

Maria said...

Your quilts are always gorgeous , I especially like the Dwell Houses...

marina said...

So stunning Lynda!
Love you’re red letter day top, beautiful fabrics

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...