13 February 2020

Same Same

Most sewing this week is the same as the last couple of weeks:  the second-last 6 blocks for the "Scrappy Trip Around the World" sewalong


as well as a couple more "Wish Upon a Star" blocks.  I have two more blocks together.


I've joined another block swap - this time with only two others.  We're making 5 "Dwell" blocks with a 6" block for the centre of the housesfor each other.  Both girls requested a Pineapple Block for the interior of one house.  I always have difficulty with keeping this block straight and think it would have been better to not have the striped centre.


Last night I made some mini "Starlight" blocks


and some "Sawtooth Stars"


I'm enjoying going through the scrap drawers and like the look of the blocks with lots of colours but there needs to be a few blocks to "calm down" the look of the quilt so it's not too busy.

Last Saturday Robyn and I went to see "A Beautiful Day in the Neighbourhood" - I felt a bit blah about this movie; it's not one I'd recommend.  Sunday was a busy day with the grandchildren - Gulliver was with me for the day with me and we spent the day with T & H.  Gulli and T had a great time together.

Can't believe it's almost H's first birthday - time is moving way too quickly.  Today is 4 years since we lost Paul and tomorrow is my little brother's 60th birthday.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...