17 February 2020

Blocks are Done

Over the last couple of weeks I've mainly been working on two quilts:  "Wish Upon a Star" and Scrappy Trip Around the World.


The blocks for both are now complete.  Next up for Scrappy Trip is the layout - will have to set this one out on the floor because it's too big for the design sheet and also too big to lay out on the spare bed.  There are sashings to make for the Star quilt and I'm hoping to make them this week.

In between sewing these blocks, I've made some more house interiors for the "Dwell" block swap - as usual, I've over-catered and will have six blocks for each girl (rather than the required 5) because I forgot about the Pineapple Blocks that I had already made for them.  I have two more of the white star blocks cut out and ready to put together.  The girls can decide which houses they want to include in their quilt tops.

Dutchman's Puzzle, Card Trick and I don't know the name of the third block

I've enjoyed making these 6" blocks - a good opportunity to dig through the scrap drawer and use up lots of favourite little pieces.

Had an enjoyable weekend - quiet for me.  Saturday morning I did some cooking to take along to an ovarian cancer fundraising high tea - little quiches (Lorraine, mushroom, asparagus, camembert and smoked salmon).


This is one of my bosses, Tania - she hosted the high tea and her scones and zucchini slice were delicious.


Spent some time with the family later in the day and yesterday I was mostly in The Pink Room and a visit with Mum in the afternoon.  We were watching the Fire Fight Australia concert and I continued to watch it at home.  Some absolutely outstanding performances:  Tina Arena, Queen with Adam Lambert (oh WOW!) and then kd lang showed everyone what great singing is all about.  Her performance of "The Valley" was sensational and then she topped it off with "Hallelujah" - simply stunning.

1 comment:

Bev C said...

Hello Lynda,

Just catching up on blog reading. You have been busy. Lovely to hear lots of good things are happening with you and your family and your sewing. Thanks for the movie review in a previous post. Always good to hear from someone who has been. I watched JoJo Rabbit with my daughter and enjoyed that.

Happy days.
Bev.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...