19 September 2019

"Chamomile" quilt top is together and with Karen for some quilting.


The backing was a nice find at my local HobbySew shop and the binding is the same fabric as the sashing in the quilt top.


This week I've been working on my second Sampler Quilt, which is made up of a block from each quilt I've started this year plus blocks made for the Aussie Bonnie & Camille Bee.

"Lemon Meringue", Coriander Quilts
"Shining Brightly", Thimble Blossoms
"Basket Case", Cluck, Cluck, Sew
The lower half of the Sampler Quilt is together - it's fun making the jigsaw puzzle of blocks fit and working out the sizes for filler blocks.

The Eisteddfod finished on Saturday for another year.  On Sunday Mum, her friend Nora and I went to see "Downton Abbey" - LOVED it and am looking forward to seeing it again very soon with Elizabeth.

Tonight, along with some friends, I'm going to a fund-raiser screening of "Ride Like a Girl" - think I'll enjoy this movie too.

Earlier this week I finished off something that was started in 1996 and worked on during much of that year and 1997.  I'm embarrassed to say it took me all of 30 minutes to do the couching stitches on the gold threads.


Saturday is a big day for our family.  Our eldest baby, Elizabeth, is turning 40.  What a fabulous, wonderful 40 years!


1 comment:

Maria said...

A very soft pretty top going to Karen...
Nice sampler blocks..
A very Happy 40th Bithday to your daughter..

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...