04 September 2019

A bit of progress ...

I had some free time on Saturday afternoon away from the eisteddfod and was able to add the final borders to the baby's quilt.  The backing is made and hopefully pin basting and quilting will happen over the next month or so.


Another cot quilt I've been working on is "Next Up" designed by Carried Away Quilting.  This is made in "Safari Life" by Stacy Iest Hsu, a brand new fabric and I had to wait a few months for the yardage to be released so that I could buy fabric finish the top of the quilt and for backing.


This one is for Mum's newest great-grandbaby (14th) and was dropped off for quilting yesterday.

"Lemon Meringue" by Coriander Quilts has been cut out and I've made the first block.


"Shining Brightly" by Thimble Blossoms is also cut out.


Both of these quilts are being made using Bonnie and Camille's "Early Bird" range with Moda Bella Solid 200 Porcelain for the background fabric.  200 looks a bit more milky-white compared with 97, and suits the background of the "Early Bird" fabrics.

Monday night I sewed up last month's "Christmas Cheer" row for my Aussie B&C 2019 quilt.


Only a couple more rows to go and the quilt top will be done and, hopefully, quilted and finished to be on my bed for Christmas.

Life is pretty busy with weekends at the eisteddfod but I have lots of fun times coming up later in the month.

Little Sweetheart and I saw "The Lion King" last week.  I wasn't really sure what to expect but was surprised at how much I enjoyed it.  Pumbaa and Timone are still the funniest guys around and the opening and closing "Circle of Life" scenes are as majestic as ever.

1 comment:

Maria said...

You're a machine.... working on sew many quilts and still doing lots of other things...

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...