22 August 2019

Running Late

My baby grandson will be 6 months old next Monday and his quilt isn't finished.   I'm making Red Brolly's "Little Chicken Feather" (also made this one for Gulliver but couldn't find a different baby boy quilt that I liked as much to make for our new little one).


The quilt top is together, and two of three borders have been added.  I have one block to embroider/applique before I can start quilting.


The fabric is 'Guess How Much I Love You" designed by the illustrator of the book.  The colours are so beautiful.  I also bought some in the pink colourway to make a couple of baby girl quilts for when friends have baby granddaughters.

I've also been making another "Next Up" (Carried Away Quilting design) cot quilt for Mum's 14th great-grandchild (born last month) in a new fabric line called "Safari Life".


Can't complete the top section of the quilt until the fabric I have on pre-order arrives.


Life is pretty busy at the moment with the eisteddfod taking up most weekend time until mid-September, but we have this weekend off so am looking forward to the family coming for lunch on Saturday and catching up with some friends on Sunday (and perhaps stitching more of "Little Chicken Feather") or cutting out a new quilt.

Last week I won two tickets to our local picture house, Gala Cinema in Warrawong.  Turned out we could only take advantage of the tickets on Monday night "Danger Close" was the only movie at a time that suited us.  The movie is about the Battle of Long Tan.  It's been quite a while since I've seen a war movie and, while not my favourite style of movie, I appreciated the historical value and how terribly young these soldiers were to be thrown into this situation.

I would have loved to see "White Crow" (about Rudolf Nureyev) or "Late Night" with Emma Thompson but they're only on while I'm at work.

1 comment:

marina said...

I used to have the book for little chicken feather quilt, never had the opportunity to make it though. Love yours! The fabrics are beautiful, what a lucky boy!
Love the safari quilt too.
Enjoy your ‘weekend off’

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...