21 May 2019

Another Start

In the lead up to last weekend's Quilt Market in USA, many designers have released new patterns and fabric ranges.  I've bought a few new patterns.  I've never made a Basket Quilt and when I saw Corey Yoder's "Happy Scrappy Baskets", I loved the scrappiness of it straight away - an opportunity to use up loads of Dena Designs/Coriander Quilts/FigTree fabrics that I've been saving.


There is a lot of prep work (sewing/cutting/trimming) to make the half-square triangles for each block but it's going to be a lovely, colourful quilt.

The "Fresh" blocks are finished plus an extra block centre to use when I make another sampler quilt.  I'll be in the mood to sew these together in a little while.


"Spinning Stars" is also coming along - a few more pinwheels have been made since the photo was taken.  Probably a bit over halfway with the 125 pinwheels now.  Won't be able to finish this off until another bolt of white arrives.


"Go Four It - Rainbow Rows" is on Sarah's frame today - can't wait to see this whopper quilted!

3 comments:

Maria said...

Your Scrappy Baskets will make a gorgeous quilt as well as the others...
Look forward to see your huge one return when quilted.

marina said...

Your quilts are always a feast for the eyes!
Love, love, love that basket block, so scrappy and gorgeous!
Well done on your finishes
X

Susan said...

Always plenty of pretty quilts coming from your sewing room Lynda! I love the look of your baskets block, something I've always wanted to do!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...