05 November 2018

Star Drops

The only machine sewing done last week was sewing bindings onto quilts and they've been stitched down over the last few nights.

"Star Drops" is a very pretty quilt designed by The Pattern Basket.  I've used lots of FigTree and Co fabrics in this quilt and, except for some of the backing fabric, was very happy to make the quilt entirely from my stash.


Karen quilted this one with Filigree - a design I've quite a bit over the years.   Had enough "Strawberry Fields Revisited" fabric for the two borders and "Gypsy Rose" fabric for the binding.


The backing is "Sundrops" designed by Coriander Quilts.


The cot quilts are finally on their way to the new (and not-so-new) babies.  Finished this one a few months ago but it took me a while to get organised to put it in the post.


I love this hearts/clouds quilting design on cot quilts.



Mum has welcomed three great-grandbabies this year and there will be another born early next year.

Abel was born in May and is the happiest little fellow.  I used "Frolic" by Cluck Cluck Sew for his quilt


and asked Karen to use my favourite Clouds quilting.  The Peter Rabbit fabric was a lucky find on a rare trip to Spotlight.


Finn was born in September and is a very sweet little baby.  The body of the quilt is "Next Up" designed by Carried Away Quilting.


Very cute animal print for the backing (found on the same trip to Spotlight) and more Clouds quilting.


On Saturday I started the annual pack-away of nick-nacks, pictures etc so I could ready the house for Christmas decorating.  The little ones are coming to stay at the end of November and I want to have the tree up for them and Mum to decorate together.

Stitching with the girls on Saturday afternoon - it was lovely to just sit and chat (and knit) in the air conditioning.  Afterwards I spent some time in The Pink Room cutting out a few things for the little ones.  Will be nice to do some dressmaking for a change.

A new twirling dress for ChaCha

2 comments:

Maria said...

A beautiful quilt made from your stash.
Lucky little folk receiving their gorgeous quilts.
Such a pretty dress for ChaCha....

Pink Rose said...

Hi Lynda such beautiful work ,love those quilts,lovely pattern for Cha Cha 's hope you have a wonderful week my friend xx

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...