19 November 2018

Conversations with a 3 Year Old

Earlier this year I bought this cute watermelon fabric to make a little dress for ChaCha for this summer.


On Wednesday I was having a chat with her about her new dress:

Me:  I'm making you a dress with watermelons on it.
GD:  I would like pineapples.

Fortunately I had just enough pineapple fabric from backing Gabby's pineapple quilt to make little sweetheart a dress.



I've also made her a new twirling dress - love this fabric and she looks beautiful in red.


A few months ago ChaCha and I were discussing Jenni and Kurt's wedding (in May 2019).

Me:  Auntie Jenni is going to be a beautiful bride.  Would you like me to make you a dress to wear to the wedding?
GD:  I already have dresses you made.
Me:  Wouldn't you like a new, pretty dress?
GD:  No thankyou, I will wear my Elsa dress.

If the flowergirl is dressed as Elsa, you can bet the pageboy will be dressed as Batman!

The two sweethearts are coming to stay next weekend and I'm hoping they'd like to put some decorations on the Christmas tree.   Trainset is up and running.


Weekend before I got out the glue gun and some red beads I bought in the post-Christmas sale.  I have no idea where I saw this idea to give the person credit.


Pretty happy with how it turned out.


On Friday "Snippets" quilt arrived back at my place from Sarah in Tasmania - the cable quilting she did looks fantastic.  This is a huge quilt - I have 10.5 metres of binding to stitch down (lots of tv watching).


Elizabeth and I went to see "Bohemian Rhapsody" on Saturday afternoon - Elizabeth hadn't seen it and I was very happy to see it again (and I'd be happy to go a third time).

Stitching Girls are coming over tonight - that's always a nice time.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...