26 March 2018

Weekend

The final Scrappy Stars block was made on 17 November last year (according to Instagram) and 17 rows of 10 blocks have been pinned together since then.  The blocks were sewn into the rows on Friday night.


Had such a fun day on Saturday with my little sweetheart:  breakfast in Redfern with Peta and Gulli; visited a couple of shops;  picnic in a park with Jenni and Kurt (Gulli rode his bike to the park and back); lots of playing and then he had a snooze in the car on the way to pick up Peta; pub dinner with Peta and Gulli and then home.


Yesterday morning I laid out the rest of the blocks and sewed a few rows before going out to visit Karen and Mum.


By early last night I had 1/3 of the quilt top together and, after rummaging through my box of Bonnie and Camille fabrics, found enough Vintage Picnic fabric to add two borders to the quilt top when it's together.  The pattern calls for a narrow plain white border - I think these two will look nice and it's good to use up the stash.


Another four rows were added after the photo was taken and I hope to add a few more tonight.  Would be great if this quilt top is together in time to give to Karen when I see her on Friday.  Looking forward to our sewing day.  The Stitching Girls are starting a quilt each using Moda "Cake Mix Recipe" Book No 4.

Peta gave me a beautiful bunch of flowers on Saturday.  The other lilies are starting to open.

1 comment:

Anita : Shabby Quilt said...

Lovely quilt.Looks great

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...