22 February 2018

Blocks

Lots of bits and pieces sewn over the last week or so.

Sewed up the next block for the Aussie Bonnie & Camille Beehive - "Norway".  Each member was assigned a colour with aqua for the outer corners.  This first block is to be sent to Sheena next month


and this very scrappy block is for my sampler that I hope to make early next year.  These blocks are enormous:  26" finished.


Tonight I'm going to try making a "Nantucket" block - two ladies have requested this design and I'm just a bit nervous about sewing this one up.

"Bradley Street" cot quilt is at Karen's to be quilted.  Will feel good to have this cot quilt finished before the baby arrives.


The Stitching Girls came over on Monday evening for the first time this year.  Karen brought "Nine Patch Waltz" which she had quilted for me over the weekend.  It's just lovely!




I really like this yellow "Avalon" fabric I used for the backing.


Finally back to sewing the next border for "Medley", which will be made of 36 little friendship star blocks..  These are 3" finished.


No movies this week but hoping to see "Finding Your Feet" next week.  Looking forward to dinner with The Schoolgirls tomorrow night and lunch with the family on Saturday. 

1 comment:

marina said...

Love those blocks Lynda and your finished quilt is gorgeous!
Love the cot quilt too, really like the colours.
Good luck with your little stars they are very cute.
No 1 son has said he’ll take me to see finding your feet, I’m looking forward to it!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...