08 January 2018

New Year

Really enjoyed my couple of weeks' break from work.  Spent loads of time with the family and friends.  The Hawks were playing on New Year's Eve - an enjoyable way to see in the New Year with friends at the game, dinner at one of our favourite restaurants and fireworks at Wollongong Harbour; then we came back to my place to watch "Countdown" and the Sydney fireworks at midnight.

During the break I was able to finish off some quilt tops that have been taking way too long to do.

"Cakewalk" designed by Thimble Blossoms made in FigTree & Co fabrics.


"Nova" designed by Kim Brackett from her book 'Scrap Basket Sensations' made using a Batik layer cake and other batiks I had in my stash.


"Low Volume Log Cabin" - all stash fabrics.

 

I've been wanting to make Lori Holt's "Scrappy Crossroads" for ages and have been cutting out and collecting Bonnie and Camille charm squares.


I made one block using Moda Solid "Ruby Ice" for the background  - think I'll really like a quilt made up of these blocks.



Another quilt I started is called "Nine Patch Waltz" designed by FigTree & Co.  I love how this one is turning out - it's made using "Avalon", a very pretty FigTree range.


Half of the nine patches are made - the others will take a bit longer as they involve more sewing and trimming.


Mum and I went to see "The Greatest Showman" - we both loved it.  I'm hoping to see the new "Star Wars" movie soon.  Everyone else in the family has seen it and I need to catch up.

1 comment:

Chookyblue...... said...

You have been on fire finishing things too.... Welldone..... I've lived my sewing machine time.......

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...