22 January 2018

Hot Summer

We've had lots of very hot days and nights lately.  Drove up to Sydney on Saturday to spend some time with Jenni and Kurt - boiling hot day and bushfires started in the National Park.  The fires and smoke were much worse yesterday.


The Scrappy Crossroads cot quilt is with the quilter


and Mum has asked for another baby girl cot quilt because my nephew and his partner had a baby girl on Saturday (Lucy is Mum's 7th great grandchild).

A good few hours were taken up yesterday packing away Christmas (almost finished) then it was time to go to the basketball.  Very disappointing game for The Hawks.  My friends came for dinner after the game.

I stayed up way too late watching the tennis and sewing the outer borders onto "Nine Patch Waltz".  I'll sew up the backing some time this week and then it can go to the quilter.


Heading to the pictures tonight to see "The Post" - I love a good newspaper drama, especially starring Meryl Streep and Tom Hanks.

2 comments:

Susan said...

I'm guessing you wrote this blog post on Monday! I hope you enjoyed the movie, last night! I saw it on Sunday and really liked it. All your Mum's great-grandchildren keep you busy, don't they? I hope it is cooler today. Our Summer has been one of extremes-40C some days then down to 23C again. But I'm not complaining...I like the variety.

Peg - Happy In Quilting said...

Stinking hot here ...love the quilts❤️❤️❤️

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...