28 April 2017

Scrappy Log Cabin

I love this quilt and was hanging out for Karen to finish the quilting.  With the exception of the red spot on white fabric, it's made completely from my scrap boxes.  I had no idea what size it would end up:  93-1/2" square is pretty big.  Really happy with the scrappy binding too.




I love clamshell quilting and think it looks great on the log cabin blocks


I've been saving this Moda 40th Anniversary fabric for a large scrappy quilt and it works so well for this one.


Funny thing happened - I had 18 blocks left after putting the quilt top together.  When I was tidying up the sewing room, I found a string of 17 more half-finished blocks.  Those blocks are now finished along with another 6 and I have enough for a lap quilt.  I'm currently sewing these blocks together - no sashing and posts this time, except on the outer border.

More binding to be made over the weekend for Snippets.

5 comments:

Susan said...

This is a beauty Lynda! I love the scrappiness, the red corner stones and the spotted border! And 93"!! Wow! What a monster...but a very pretty one at that! Love, love, love it!

marina said...

This is gorgoeus, so love the scrappiness of it. You are such a dynamo Lynda!

Chookyblue...... said...

Seriously I am going to have to make a I'll log cabin quilt...... I do love them.....looks great

Maria said...

Just fantastic Lynda.. Sew are all the quilts you have been working on in your last few posts...

Peg - Happy In Quilting said...

It does look fabulous I think I might be the same as Chooky ❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...