26 April 2017

Easter Break

Easter this year was pretty much perfect - lots of time with the family and friends, such great weather along with a break from work, lots of cutting out and some sewing.

The Spiegeltent has been in Wollongong and I went along to see Paul Capsis, a fabulous cabaret artist, with Jenni, Paula and Tania.  Good Friday was spent at Karen's place for a sewing day with Karen, Paula and Rhonda.  I was working on a new secret project.  This is all I have to show for my day's efforts:  I am definitely not a fan of foundation piecing but will persevere with this one (maybe in June).


Afterwards, I went to see "Their Finest" - such a wonderful movie.  I took Mum to see it on Monday and she thought the movie was so authentic, having lived through The Blitz in UK during WWII.

Saturday I picked up Gulliver for a sleepover at Nanna's - we had lunch with Jenni and Kurt The Favourite and a visit/play with ChaCha on the way home.  Easter Sunday all the family came for lunch - was so lovely to have everyone together around the table and that night I went back to the Spiegeltent with Lynell, Robyn and Paula to see "Velvet", a fabulous show - the best part was the hula hoop guy.  So entertaining.

Easter Monday was spent in the sewing room - I had cut out a jelly roll quilt called "Zen and the Jelly Roll" - very quick to piece.


The whole quilt top was together by Tuesday morning.


Wednesday was another trip to Sydney and a quick visit with my sweethearts and on Thursday my girls came to visit.  Friday night ChaCha came for a sleepover.

One of the quilts I cut out during the break was for a Low Volume Log Cabin Quilt:


It's great to be using up so much of the stash and loads from my scrap drawers.


2 comments:

Deb R said...

looks like you had a productive time!

marina said...

Such gorgeous projects!
How wonderful to have to much time with your precious littlest, was going to say babies but they are bigger than that now lol

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...