The backing is a favourite red strawberry print from Bonnie and Camille's "Hello Darling" range and I used the same fabric for the binding.
I think I like the colours in this block best.
I made up one "Wish Upon a Star" block to see how it all went together. It's a big block - finishing at 18" and it's lovely to work with some larger pieces of fabric for a change.
Over the last few weeks, I've been thinking about making some more Scrappy Log Cabin blocks. According to Instagram I last worked on these blocks on 16 April 2016.
Yesterday I took out the Scrappy Log Cabin scrap boxes and found another 15 blocks that had been cut into 4 and were half-made. The purple box is now empty but there is a chest of drawers in The Pink Room with three drawers full of scraps - I'm thinking about starting another Scrappy Spiderweb quilt.
Each block has the large red spot fabric at the centre and the same fabric will be used for setting triangles at the outer edges with white pin dots on red for posts in the sashings. I'm going to undo these few blocks and use narrower sashings and smaller red squares.
ChaCha had a sleepover with Nanna on Friday night then on Saturday morning we picked up GG and went to Sydney to spend some time with Michael and Gulliver. The little ones had a great time at the park. Visited some friends on the way home and then Mum and I had dinner with Elizabeth, Matt and ChaCha - a terrific day.