27 July 2016

Marmalade

Last night I caught up on a few tv shows I'd missed over the weekend while stitching down the binding on Marmalade.  Before the night was over, I'd reached the last corner


and the quilt is finished.


The quilt was started in June 2014.  So happy to have made a quilt entirely from fabrics in my sewing room.  I can see myself making another of this design - I love it - but next time I will use one layer of white fabric for the petals with vliesofix around the curved edge only and cut away the excess patterned fabric underneath.  The quilt is ditch-stitched with free motion quilting around the edges of the petals.  It was a breeze to quilt after Karen had basted it with her long-arm.

Big excitement last night - our little man started to walk.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Lynda wow i love this quilt,its so pretty and boy your corners are so neat and sitting beautifully,well done my friend xx

Helen said...

Thay is a beautiful quilt.....very sweet.

Anonymous said...

Love the pattern it looks great...beautiful Lynda

Susan said...

It is such a lovely pattern, isn't it? Very delicate!

Lorraine said...

Very cute finish Lynda....don't you love the little ones' mile stones...our little man can sit up for short periods on his own...so cute! They grow up so quickly!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...