27 April 2016

Things on the Go

I have too many things on the go in the sewing room and I've had to start something new after receiving a request for a Piccadilly Circus quilt to be made from batik fabrics to suit a particular colour scheme and the quilt needs to be in USA by 25 May at the latest.  Fortunately it's a quilt that's pretty quickly put together once all the strips are sewn together and having a long weekend was a big help.

The aqua and chartreuse fabrics will be the backgrounds for the Dresden Plate blocks.



There needed to be a bit of shopping to buy backing for the quilt and it arrived the next day - fantastic service from Widebacks.  I also received two packs of lovely Bonnie and Camille "Vintage Picnic" fabrics from Sew Lux.  As a treat to myself, I joined Sew Lux's Bonnie and Camille Collectors' Club for the year so will receive a f/q bundle on three full ranges over 12 months.


I also purchased "Hello Darling" fabrics to use as backings for a couple of quilts.


While searching through one of my cupboards I came across this quilt - "My Blue Heaven" started in 2006.  It was so close to being finished - only needed three more borders and all the half-square triangles were made.



One night's sewing and it was done.  When quilted, this will join the donations pile to be sent off mid-May.


Before starting the batik Piccadilly Circus, I was playing with scraps making Scrappy Log Cabin blocks - these were very popular last year on Instagram but I'm always late joining these parties.  Feels great to be using up so many scraps and almost making a quilt for free.


Last week Miss ChaCha's crochet overalls were finished - these were started ages before she was born.  Of course, I forgot to give them to Elizabeth when they were down on the weekend but they went off in the post yesterday.


This little jumper was started before both babies were on the way and I sewed it up on Monday night - it should fit Gulliver next winter.


It was a busy long weekend with family and close friends and I have a lot to look forward to in the next few weeks.

5 comments:

Shirley said...

Wow Lynda! You have been busy and looks like you will be doing so for some time yet. Love the crochet dungarees and little sweater. Good luck with your deadline.

Susan said...

Creative busy is my kind of busy. I'm sure the long weekend helped a lot!

marina said...

Amazing fabric projects and gorgeous woolly projects too!
You have been so busy, well done!

Susan said...

And you said I was busy! You are a whirlwind! Love the scrappy log cabin blocks- that's something I could do! I am looking forward to seeing how this one develops and grows!

Bev C said...

Hello Lynda,

Oh my I do love the overalls. Your quilt will be in the US before you know it. I do wonder how many projects we all have that only need a bit of finishing. Have a lovely weekend.

Happy days.
Bev.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...