04 April 2016

Fiddler on the Roof


My all-time favourite musical theatre/opera performer is Anthony Warlow.  Last year when the new production of "Fiddler on the Roof" was announced I bought tickets for Mum, Elizabeth, Jenni and me.  I was pretty excited by the time Saturday afternoon came around and we were finally going to see the show.  He was fabulous - such an incredible voice, wonderful stage presence and great sense of humour.


I've cut out another quilt from my Hello Darling f/q bundle - Hopscotch, a Thimble Blossoms design (surprise, surprise).  The bundle is now almost gone.


Lots of points to line up in this quilt - not my favourite thing to do but the effect is great with the 6-pointed star being made when they align.

More points to line up with Starlight - most of the triangles for the half-hexagons are made.  I think this one will be really pretty with the pink star points.


A couple of weeks ago I finished binding the two Text Me quilts that Karen quilted.



I have a couple more quilts to finish off then they will be sent off for donation.

Second-last 'Downton Abbey' tonight - a shame this wonderful show is coming to an end.

3 comments:

Bev C said...

Hello Linda,

What a great outing.His voice is so strong. Have fun with your new quilts,your blocks and points always look perfect. Yes, very sad about Downton Abbey finishing up.

Happy days.
Bev.

Helen said...

What a great night out for all of you.... great quilts.

Peg - Happy In Quilting said...

Bet the show was fantastic .....love the blocks....shame Downton has to finish 💗💗

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...