28 September 2015

Swell

Nearly 6 months ago I decided to make Camille Roskelley's (Thimble Blossoms) "Swell" from her book Simply Retro out of a batik jelly roll I had.  The colours are very pretty and I had a few jelly roll strips left over from the two Goodnight Irene quilts, so I added those in to make this quilt a bit larger.


Karen had a fantastic blue/green/turquoise batik fabric in stock that worked very well as border, binding and backing.



I love the frilly spiral quilting Karen did.  I'll definitely be choosing that pattern again.


The Wish Quilt is almost finished.  It was started in 2008. 

 
I stitched the reindeer antlers last night


and I found some Christmas buttons in my stash to sew onto the stars.


There has also been a little secret sewing happening to get ready for Quilt Camp at the end of October.


4 comments:

Kylie said...

It's always great to finish up some old projects! Xx

Susan said...

Your Swoon quilt is lovely! Did you stand on a ladder to take that first photo?

marina said...

well done! you are getting so many gorgeous finishes done.
such pretty fabrics in your wish quilt. It will be done and ready for this christmas.
pretty bling buckles...

Cheryll said...

It looks gorgeous Lynda... Love it 😍

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...