21 September 2015

Starry Orange Letter Day Quilt

Picked up the quilt from the post office last Wednesday and thought I'd make a scrappy binding for it then found binding already made, so I made a scrappy binding for Orange Swoon quilt which is with Sarah for quilting, along with my Fresh quilt.


Sewed the scallop binding on and spent a couple of nights in front of the tv stitching it down.  I love this quilt - it's so fresh and happy.



Visited Karen on Saturday afternoon when she started quilting my Thimble Blossom Scrappy Sampler.  This quilt top has been finished for ages but I couldn't make a decision about quilting because I didn't want all-over quilting on the Piccadilly Circus Dresden Plate.

We decided that Karen would custom quilt the Dresden Plate with a spiral in the centre


then add a scroll design to each blade


before an over-all pattern over the rest of the quilt.


I wasn't sure about what binding to use for this quilt then I found some red binding already made in the drawer from the same fabric range as the outer border - bonus!


Can't wait to see this quilt when Karen comes over tomorrow night for stitching.

Yesterday afternoon I pin basted and quilted the little Snippets cot quilt.  The fabrics are bright Me and My Sister designs - the girls gave us a charm pack of their newest range Dot Dot Dash at the workshop and I won a charm pack of Giggles.




5 comments:

Maria said...

You always make such beautiful happy quilts... Love the quilting on them too...
Lucky folk who receive them...

Susan said...

You are on a roll Lynda! Love the orange- there definitely needs to be more orange in the world! I need to take a leaf out of your book and get some more quilts finished!

marina said...

so wonderful to be binding those beauties!
well done on all your finishes.

Susan said...

You do bright, beautiful quilts so well. Perfect Spring sewing.

Lindsey said...

I LOVE the orange letter day quilt and I love that you put stars between the blocks! Beautiful job!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...