Aside from meeting up with the Stitching Girls on Saturday afternoon, the rest of the weekend was pretty free.
Friday night I added the borders to the alphabet blocks and then lay out all the blocks to see if my setting would work. I'll add white strips to the rows starting with pinwheels and then maybe a white border. I think I'll use the No 5 stripe for binding.
Somehow I managed to lose a pinwheel. Made another.
Saturday Rhonda phoned to suggest instead of our usual stitching get-together we go for a drive to Nowra to see the quilt show. Great idea. Lunch in Berry on the way down. Planned to have afternoon tea at the quilt show but the kitchen was closed by the time we'd had a look around the show, so we stopped in Berry again on the way home for tea, scones and a wander around the shops.
Actually did some weeding yesterday morning and filled the green bin with leaves - this is really out of the ordinary for me; then spent most of the afternoon in the sewing room tidying up and working on a few different things.
Sewed Floral Bouquet 2 backing together (another on the "to be quilted" pile).
Some secret sewing.
11 more X blocks have been ready to sew together for weeks - 9 to go then the Goodnight Irene quilt top can be sewn together.
And strips for the final 7 Scrappy Trip Around the World blocks to add to the pile to be pinned together.
20 blocks in all pinned last night while watching tv, so once they are all sewn up I have another quilt top to put together.
I figure that this sewing equates to tidying up because all these pieces are now blocks and not little piles in various places around the sewing room. The main reason for tidying up is to move the quilting frame to the garage but there is so much stuff stored underneath and around it, that it is taking me ages to re-organise everything.
Received a phonecall from the Nowra Quilt Show organisers to say I'd won a minor prize in the raffle - bonus! The lady told me it was "some quilting stuff, if you're into that kind of thing".