After a visit from my brother, sister-in-law and nephew to carry out some flood mitigation, the water quickly drained away. Once the housework was done, I was able to spend some time in the sewing room. Friday night I cut out all the pieces to make Moda's Spell it with Fabric alphabet blocks - I wanted to use the bright fabrics in this overflowing box.
These blocks are very quick to cut out and piece. Had them all sewn up before I went to bed on Saturday night. Last night I cut out the pieces for the number blocks.
Another cold, drizzly, miserable day yesterday. Visited Bunnings to buy some longer screws to attach the new handles to the drawers.
Most of the afternoon I was in the sewing room - ironing. Then pinning these Goodnight Irene strips into 16 patch blocks.
Sewed them up - all of the 16 patches are now made. Love these Pink Lemonade colours.
Started on some of the X block segments - quite a few more of these to go.
One of the WIP's that's been hanging around for 2 years or so is a pinwheel mystery BOM - I had 36 pinwheels for the borders made plus 4 or 5 large blocks featuring a variety of pinwheels. Decided to undo these larger blocks and I'll use all the pinwheels to the Alphabet Quilt to make it single bed size. There's well over 60 pinwheels and the fabrics are the same as I've used for the letters and numbers.
Don't feel like I've made much of a dent in that stash of brights.
Counted up the Scrappy Trip Around the World blocks - 44 have been made; 20 to go - some progress happening with this.
Hoping for a quiet week this week although will be going to Sydney for work tomorrow.