14 March 2013

Great Weekend

Last weekend was packed and a lot of fun.

After some housework etc on Saturday morning I went to my friend, Karen's, place to use her quilting frame - it's much longer than mine and I was able to easily fit my quilt onto it.  That saved me pulling my frame apart to add the extension pieces.


The quilting is 7/8 finished and I'm sure I'll be able to wrangle the quilt on my machines to finish it off.  Can't complete it on Karen's frame because she is now on a fabulous 9 month trip to WA and other far-flung parts of Australia.  I'm going to miss her being around and seeing her at our fortnightly get-togethers.

Saturday night was dinner out with friends before going to a local theatre company production of "Carousel" - it was a lovely night out.

Sunday The Bride came to spend the day with me.  We had a great day.  A bit of shopping, lunch at a sushi train


Coffee and chocolate baba at guess where?

We shared the chocolate baba

We went to see "Oz, the Great and Powerful" - we both really enjoyed the movie - and then it was time for her to go back to Sydney.  Fantastic day.

There has been only a little stitching happening at home (gotta love that raspberry red lipstick)


and a little bit of sewing - the Oh Cherry Churn Dash half-square triangle blocks are sewn and I'm trimming them up.

Very busy week at work - I'll be looking forward to a quiet weekend - although I think the three girls may have something planned, which would be wonderful.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Lynda you have been very busy and love the look of all those choc goodies,yumm.xx

Jo in TAS said...

Yummo! Love those ladies too!

Maria said...

OH yummy. would love to share that lovely treat too.

Yvette said...

The quilt on the frame is a beauty! I can't imagine being away from home as long as your friend will be gone.

Your ladies are adorable!

Nicky said...

Hi Lynda, looks like you've been having a lovely time lately.... love the quilt and the stitchery is so cute too.....

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...