01 August 2012

A Day Out

Last Thursday Karen and I went for a drive to Penrith to collect her sewing machine.  Karen was kind enough to then drive us to Drummoyne so we could visit Material Obsession - an absolute feast for the eyes.  I was VERY restrained in my purchases.


Some large florals to store with my "Candied Hexagons" stash - I think one or two of those birds will look wonderful in the quilt as well as the large flowers.  And, when I saw the Dio de los Muertos fabric, I had to buy a metre of that to make something for Peta or I can give it to Jenni if she would like to make something.

So much to see in the shop and so much I could buy.

I spent a good part of yesterday in the sewing room and Hunky Dory Spin is together.

Hunky Dory Spin ~ 96" x 84"

I haven't made a quilt this large before.  It will be interesting to see how I go quilting this one on the frame.

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

wow Lynda that quilt is absolutely gorgeous,love those colours.xx

Kylie said...

I love your Spin City quilt Lynda - it is huge. Your fabrics from Material Obsession are very bright. I see some Tradewinds fabric in the bottom corner. I have some of this in Charm Squares in my shop - I am not usually a really bright loving girl but I do like the Tradewinds range. xxx

Vicki said...

Sounds like you had a great time - fabrics will be great in your hexagons too! Quilt looks wonderful -I'm sure you and your frame will find a way :)

Peg - Happy In Quilting said...

Sculls with flowers I love it...nice purchases..I am sure you will have fun quilting this one, stunning quilt...

Yvette said...

I adore your quilt! It just makes me smile.

Anonymous said...

Just beautiful Lynda

Lorraine said...

Love the quilt!! Always nice to have a day out with a friend.....

marina said...

very pretty fabrics and I love your new quilt! Gorgeous!

Sweet Cinnamon Stitches said...

Gorgeous quilt Lynda...love the colours! Lovely to have a crafty shopping day out.
Cheers....Jane.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...