25 January 2010

Road Trip

Diann and Bill arrived last Tuesday evening and we decided to go on a little road trip down the South Coast of New South Wales.  We set off reasonably early (for us) - morning tea in Milton and the stop for lunch just happened to be in Moruya so Diann and I could visit the wonderful Steph's Patchwork Shop (our fabric diet was suspended for the holiday but we didn't buy much).  From there we drove to Bermagui - a lovely, relaxed coastal town, where we spent the night.

John and Bill decided they wanted to go fishing at Tathra so that was our destination on Thursday - the boys fished while Diann and I found a seat in the cafe and stitched while we had a coffee or two.  We later drove down to Eden but decided to come back to Merimbula where we spent two nights before driving home on Saturday.  Merimbula is a beautiful seaside town - fishing, stitching, laughing, eating - no fish caught though.



Lots of road-trip stitching:

Label for Sweet Pea



Stitchery for Nikki Tervo bolster cushion (from the Button Club a few years ago - can't find the buttons - they are put away somewhere safe)



and I finished off my birthday stitchery from my on-line stitching group friends - I've been stitching this in my lunchbreaks at work.  A lot more stitching in this one than I realised.



Fantastic little holiday.  Diann and Bill left early Sunday morning to drive home and I spent the whole day in the sewing room cutting out:

"Rosettes" by Fig Tree Quits using "Nostalgia" layer cake and stash backgrounds (to take to the retreat in March)
Fabric to complete the bolster cushion.  I bought this pretty floral at Steph's in Moruya and also cut out two of Monica Poole's "Bon Bon" bags out of this fabric for presents and cut out the fabrics to finish off the redwork stitchery.  Busy day but good - and I had the tennis to keep me company.

4 comments:

Maria said...

WOW!!!! Lynda what a great holiday and you did keep yourself busy with your stitching as well.
Good girl getting all those projects ready for your retreat. I have not even thought about what Iwill be doing yet. Maybe a quilt for the Toodjay Bushfire People.

Cath Ü said...

Fantastic holiday... lovely to see what you are working on too.. you do lovely work..
Cath Ü

Vicki said...

Sounds like you had a great relaxing catch up with Diann as well as a productive end to your week, Lynda. Your work looks great and as you will tell from the enxt comment - I ready your blog from top down - LOVE the new machine!! Greeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeennnnnnnn

Anita said...

Sounds like a lovely holiday - I looove Merimbula, absolutely beautiful there. You have been doing a lot of stitching, very nice!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...