28 January 2009


Finished machine quilting "Sharon's Roses" last night and the binding has been attached. Did this while watching/listening to Jelena Dokic's match - every time I looked over at the tv she lost a point so I stopped looking (in the end that didn't help her but what a fantastic match). I love this backing fabric.

All that's left to do is some sort of quilting in the space between the swag/flowers and the zig-zag border then the binding can be sewn down. I thought about using a machine embroidery quilting design and I found a half Rose of Sharon block design on the Embroidery Library website and it will fit beautifully into the space, and there's a quarter block design to fit in beside the corner oval.

John and the rest of the family are going to see Leonard Cohen tonight, so I'll set up the embroidery machine in the family room, stitch a swag or two and see how it all looks.


Suzi-q said...

That small peek looked interesting, like the green, nice green

Peg - Happy In Quilting said...

Lynda, wow you are doing an amzing job and wasn't it a fantatic game, even though she lost, I think she won.


This is looking fantastic Lynda.


Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...