17 May 2021

Strawberry Social

Finished this fun quilt over the weekend - loved making this quilt.  I also made one last year but this one is a little different - I used only one green for the stems, leaves and border rather than scrappy greens.


The backing is a gorgeous Riley Blake strawberry fabric.


"Roundabout"is the quilting design Jenny, AngelCake Quilting. chose for the first Strawberry Social quilt and I asked her to use it again - it has lots of interesting patterns in the one design.


Last week's "Sewcialites" design is called Noble and designed by one of my favourite designers - Susan Ache (@yardgrl60).


I cut out a couple of quilts in the last week.  "Summer Days" designed by Bonnie Olaveson (Bonnie Cotton Way) and also Rainbow Baby from "Bonnie and Camille's Quilt Bee" book.


I hope to make a Sawtooth Star a day for the next 6 or 7 weeks and then I'll have enough for the quilt top.


Over the last few days I've been making the low volume connecting nine patches for "Nine Patch Waltz" - the circles are starting to become apparent.



Latest Riley Blake Block Challenge block with a couple of non-Chantilly fabrics.


and all the blocks so far together.  I love this fabric and am sorry to be using up the last of so much of it.


Weekend plans changed a bit - Mum and I went to the pictures on Saturday afternoon to see "June Again".  Such a beautiful Australian film starring Noni Hazelhurst, who is wonderful.  Saturday night I saw "Viva Bob Vegas" - a show put together by the fabulous Bob Downe.  What a fun, entertaining show.

Yesterday was a quiet day at home - housework and some sewing.

2 comments:

Chookyblue...... said...

Nice strawberries......
Love the look of the nine patches waltz.... Where is that pattern from......

Maria said...

Lovely Strawberries quilt and the roundies quilting really suits it..
Yes the Nine Patches waltz looks great..

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...