13 May 2021

Pineapple Party

Finished "Pineapple Party" on Monday night - it's such a fun quilt and was a joy to make.  The different blocks in the body of the pineapple add lots of interest.  I love these bright Alison Glass fabrics - I've used these in a few quilts lately.


Not a great size quilt for a queen bed but it adds lots of colour as a bed-topper


and I think the little ones will like this when they're lying on the couch watching tv.


I love the two different quilting designs Jenny (AngelCake Quilting) used:  "Pina Colada" in a variegated thread on the pineapple


and a lovely swirly design ("Growing Things") on the border.


The backing is lovely - sherbert colour with cute pineapples.


What a big weekend we had!  A few months ago I bought tickets for the girls and I to see "Frozen" - first major musical experience for Little Sweetheart T and so happy that Vincent was on his best behaviour (with his daddy) so his mummy could come with us.

We had lunch in the new Darling Harbour precinct - lots of "Frozen" items on the menu.


Elizabeth took T down to the front of the theatre to check out the orchestra pit.


Sunday was Mother's Day.  Peta was working all weekend (starting at 5.00 am on Mother's Day), so Michael and Gulli visited in the morning and left in time to pick up Peta from work.  The rest of the family came for lunch - Matt cooked a Mexican extravaganza (which was delicious).

Little Vincent was showing his new party trick - he's smiling and it melts my heart.  Mum was thrilled because Vinnie was quite happy to sit with her for a good while.  The other great-grandchildren are too active and fidgety to do that now.


As my birthday was on Monday, Jenni made a fabulous cake for sweets on Mother's Day and T helped with the decorating.

Last week's "Sewcialites" block is Gratitude designed by Thimble Blossom.


30 blocks made and 6 more to go then I can put the quilt top together - some of the blocks might be moved around to mix in the colours some more.  I've ordered silver Kona Cotton for the setting triangles.


"Boho Heart" is up-to-date.  Love working on these blocks and using these beautiful fabrics.  They are a bit more expensive than most quilting fabrics but the colours are fantastic.


The first half of the quilt is now finished.


Last week I cut out another "Village" quilt - this is for a special order and I'm more than happy to make a third one of this design.  It's so bright and happy.  Lots of last pieces of favourite fabrics will be in this quilt.

Another Riley Blake Block Challenge block is made.  I'm having to add a few more stash fabrics to the mix because I have very little variety left in my "Chantilly" fabrics.  So great that all FigTree and Co fabrics mix in so well together.


Think I'm caught up on all my sew-alongs and BOM's at the moment.  "Another Story" sew-along starts next week and I have most of my hexagons cut out.  I swapped fabrics with two other SAL members so that will add more variety to my quilt top.

SAL's/BOM's are a good way to make quilts and not become bored making the same blocks over and over.  I've found lately that I end up having a few quilts all finishing around the same time.

Hawks home game on Tuesday night and a win!  The season has been very long this year and we have 7 home games over 3 weeks.

3 comments:

Maria said...

Just been catching up on your blog and you’ve had more lovely finishes and have been working on lots of lovely projects.....
The Pineapple quilt is stunning and your Boho Heart is growing beautifully..
Lots of fun family outings and celebrations....
Gorgeous photo of little Vincent with Great Grandma. Nice knitted suit he has on....

Marie said...

Love your Pineapple - so gorgeous in all of those brights!

Chookyblue...... said...

Happy birthday.........sounds like lifes been good in your part of the world with lots of good things happening......

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...