04 August 2020

Schoolhouse Tunic

Last night the final rows were added to another "Cakewalk" Quilt.  This Thimble Blossoms' design makes up very quickly and is great for the scrap box.  Waiting for some backing to arrive then it will be off to the quilter.


Darling daughter-in-law is having a birthday this week and she loves the Nerida Hanson May Gibbs fabrics - I wasn't able to buy her favourite print but I'm hoping she'll like this gumnut baby print with the pretty blossoms and flannel flowers.


I've made a start cutting out "Santa in the Trees" - will sew some trees tonight.  I think there will be 121 trees all up for the quilt and cushion I've been asked to make.


Had a lovely Saturday visiting Jenni and Kurt - thought I should visit in case NSW goes into lockdown again.  Dinner with Lynell on Saturday night and we watched a couple of fun movies.  A bit of shopping on Sunday morning then my brother came over to take measurements of my veranda - he's going to replace the decaying rails with pickets.  We ended up washing the outside of the house - it's so sparkly in the sunshine.

1 comment:

Susan said...

The schoolhouse tunic is lovely! I’m sure it will be loved and appreciated. It’s nice to take a break from quilt making and make clothes isn’t it? And I’m a wee bit jealous of your family visits. Stay safe Lynda.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...