09 March 2020

"Dwell" Swap

Two Instagram friends and I swapped "Dwell" blocks.  "Dwell" is a quilt designed by Thimble Blossoms from her "Simply Retro" book and we added 6" blocks for the house "interiors".

The plan was to make 5 blocks to send to each other and 5 for ourselves - I got carried away with the block centres and ended up making 6 each.


The houses I received from Julie:


and the houses I received from Karen:


These are the my blocks all together - I'm not sure what I'm going to do with these yet but I'm leaning towards Anne Boundy's "It Takes a Village" Quilt with a large Swoon block surrounded by a couple of borders and the houses.


"Red Letter Day" quilt top is almost finished - I didn't have enough red polka dot fabric to finish the 4th side and add the last border.  I'm hoping a package of the fabric will be in the letter box today.  So happy with the look of this quilt so far.


Having some red fabric left over I thought I'd make another "Summer Nights" quilt - I'll be able to use up loads of the scrappy pieces from "Red Letter Day" and "Wish Upon a Star".


Before Christmas I joined a sew-along to make "Hide and Seek" (designed by Thimble Blossoms).  The plan was to have the quilt top finished in early January.  I kept up for the first few weeks but then Christmas, family time, other sewing commitments became more pressing and this was put aside.  It was finished on the weekend and I'm so glad it's done - sorting out where to put which little coloured square was driving me bonkers.  I had so many aqua/red four patches towards the end that I ended up pulling them apart on Saturday night and adding more colour.

The Backing

Last night I sewed up the "Plain and Fancy" Dresden Plates - this "Chantilly" fabric, designed by FigTree & Co, is so pretty and I'm looking forward to seeing this quilt come together.


Little Sweetheart T came over for the weekend - we visited Mum, did some shopping, make pancakes for breakfast, played games - had a great time.  Jenni visited yesterday afternoon and it was lovely to spend some time with her.

2 comments:

embroidery digitizer said...

I love this idea and maybe I'll get some time soon to make up a few to scatter around town too and I have read your blog you did great work it's really helpful for me and thank you for sharing.

Kay said...

I have just found your blog today, it is all so lovely. x

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...