22 January 2020

Sweet Escape

"Sweet Escape" is a Thimble Blossoms design - I cut out the fabrics last April and finished stitching down the binding last week.  Making this quilt was a big lesson in patience - the strips are 1" finished and it's very easy to lose accuracy when chain-piecing these narrower strips.


This quilting design is "Cables" - one of my favourite designs.


I love this large floral print.


Made a bit of progress on "Hide and Seek" - these blocks go between the star blocks.  Next step is to sew more four patches together to make the sashing strips to go between the rows of starts then the quilt top can be put together.  Running very late with this sew-along - many quilters have their tops together.


Last week's 6 Scrappy Trip Around the World blocks


and this week's 6 blocks.  Keeping up-to-date with the sew-along so far.


For years I've wanted to make "Glad Tidings" Advent Quilt for my friend and each time I've thought about it, it's been too close to Christmas for me to get in done in time.  When I was hanging up my quilt at Christmas-time, I made a promise to myself that I would have it done in time for her birthday this year so I ordered the special buttons for the ornaments from USA and started gathering fabrics from my stash.

Last week I was able to make a start and then with a quiet weekend at home and an extra days' leave on Monday, the quilt top is together and embroidered


and the ornaments are ready to be cut out.  I'll just need to buy the buttons to hang the ornaments from.


I've had a playsuit cut out for T for a few months and finally made the big effort to sew it together yesterday afternoon - took all of 1-1/2 hours (mainly on the overlocker).  She loves "Space People".


No movies on the weekend but I did watch the new series of "Grace and Frankie" - such a great show and only half hour episodes, so they go quickly.  Tennis season!  Hoping that Australia has a winner.

1 comment:

Maria said...

Boy they were small pieces for the quilt but it looks great..
The SAL projects is coming along nicely and the Advent calendar will be together soon too.
Cute "Space " playsiut for MissT

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...